ADSM-L

Capacity planning (Repost dute to no response)

2003-03-31 12:29:27
Subject: Capacity planning (Repost dute to no response)
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 09:27:21 -0800
I have no idea if my posts are getting through to the list since time to
time I find no responses or get returned mail telling me I'm not allowed to
post. Here is a question I posed and heard nothing.

I am wondering how you all have managed capacity plans on your TSM Servers.
Does anyone have a basic formula to figure out how to determine how what you
have, is capable of doing?

I am currently running TSM 5.1.6.3 on AIX 4.3.3. The server is an M80 with
5GB memory, but at the moment only 2CPU's. There are 10 3590 tape drives in
a 3494 library. All the drives are fiber and direct attached. The OS resides
on internal disks. The db, logs and disk pools are spread across 2 trays of
36GB SSA disks (not on diskpool disks). Currently I have approximately 160
nodes backing up, supposedly what it shows below.

 Archive Past 24 Hours(Gigabytes)
---------------------------------
                623.7771384420000

  BACKUP Past 24 Hours(Gigabytes)
---------------------------------
                171.1356259960000

Restore Past 24 Hours(Gigabytes)
                  6.7243592550000

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:    <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com> gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (877) 905-7154