ADSM-L

schedule help

2003-03-27 14:14:46
Subject: schedule help
From: "Coviello, Paul" <PCoviello AT ELLIOT-HS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 14:10:27 -0500
Hi,  we trying to tune the schedule so that processes don't overlap and was
curious on how others are pulling this off.

        our environment  F50 2 processors  AIX 4.3.3 ML10   TSM 4.1.1
                        approx 500 gb disk space and another 150 gb to bring
online.
                        ATL tape library with 4 dlt 7000 tape drives
                        client nightly backup data is about 200 gb

        our disk to tape backup takes 6.5 hours alone
        our clients run from 6:00 pm to 6:00am

        and right now we have schedules running from 3:00 am to 1:00 am with
alot of overlaps
                i.e.: reclamations and migration at the same time, also
backups with migrations.

        I was able to schedule everything on paper from 6:00 am to 1:00 am
but again we have clients doing their backups from 6:00 pm

        we are going to 5.1.6.2, this weekend,  which should help with multi
threading  I hope!

        any thoughts would greatly be appreciated.

        Thanks

        Paul Coviello