ADSM-L

Re: License Pricing

2003-03-27 07:18:22
Subject: Re: License Pricing
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 06:17:47 -0600
From: J M [mailto:jm_seattle AT HOTMAIL DOT COM]
> I think all large TSM sites should leverage CA, Legato, and
> Veritas competitive price quotes so that IBM wakes up to
> smell the reality-- large businesses are not printing cash
> and the bottom line still matters!

Not to put too fine an edge to it, but...

Trying to "leverage" the price of competitors like CA and Veritas to
bring the price of TSM down is rather like telling your grocer that his
price for sirloin steak is so high that you're tempted to buy dog food
instead. ;o)

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT berbee DOT com)