ADSM-L

Re: old adsm database salvage commands

2003-03-26 00:21:40
Subject: Re: old adsm database salvage commands
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 21:21:33 -0800
I'm not sure what they were, as we started with version 2, but
if I recall past discussions on this list, they were added on
because Version 1 lacked a database backup and restore
functionality. They were, literally, "salvage" utilities, to be
used in the same circumstances that you would now use
'dsmerv restoredb'