ADSM-L

Re: Informix backup

2003-03-25 22:57:00
Subject: Re: Informix backup
From: "Ganu Sachin, IBM" <Sachin.Ganu AT KWA2.SIEMENS.CO DOT IN>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:24:34 +0530
Hi Mario,

My response against each question is below

=> Can I perform a database backup and later, if I wish, restore a
specific tablespace using TSM (with or without the TDP?) ?

Can you elaborate on this more ?

* Can the ONTAPE tool be used (or commanded) from TSM ?

ONTAPE tool is an independent backup/restore tool of Informix. You do not
require TSM for this. Also ONTAPE can not be used with TSM. As per Informix,
only ONBAR can be used with any Storage Manager

Regards,

Sachin Ganu
IBM Global Services (India) Pvt. Ltd.

E-mail : Sachin.Ganu AT kwa2.siemens.co DOT in