ADSM-L

Re: Informix backup

2003-03-24 12:46:45
Subject: Re: Informix backup
From: Aaron Durkee <adurkee AT CHSBUFFALO DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 12:39:11 -0500
The tape to disk will work. But, onbar is an animal of its own.
Version 3, Release 1, Level 0.7 (unsupported) came with xbsa interface
that supported onbar, we have used it successfully.  The xbsa interface
is no longer a "feature" and a tdp for informix databases is needed.

Aaron Durkee
adurkee AT wnychs DOT org
phone: (716) 862-1713
fax: (716) 862-1717
Networking and Technical Group
Western New York Catholic Health System

>>> niklas.lundstrom AT FORENINGSSPARBANKEN DOT SE 03/20/03 08:42AM >>>
Hello

Sure, no problem. We use a preschedulecommand to run ontape to backup
to a
file and the backup tat file using TSM.

Regards
Niklas