ADSM-L

Re: SV: overland tape library?

2003-03-24 12:15:54
Subject: Re: SV: overland tape library?
From: "Cowperthwaite, Eric" <eric.cowperthwaite AT EDS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 11:14:40 -0600
I have been looking at Overland also. Their libraries are very aggressively
priced in the midrange storage market against the ADIC and STK libraries.
The maintenance prices are certainly better and the scalability is better as
well. In my research I found that Sybase uses them in their own data centers
and Microsoft uses them in a facility that is used for demonstrating that
Unix systems can migrate to Microsoft. There were numerous other
organizations using Overland libraries, but I thought I would only mention a
couple. I spoke to several references that were provided, without the vendor
on the phone call, and found no issues. Several references were using Tivoli
with Overland libraries.

My reseller was very forthcoming with information, details, quotes,
references, site visits, etc.

Eric