ADSM-L

Re: File scan takes ages during backup

2003-03-24 10:04:44
Subject: Re: File scan takes ages during backup
From: Richard Foster <Richard.Foster AT HYDRO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:03:04 +0100
Al

You asked Geoff, but I'll reply :)

> Did IBM say why the notifyfilter parameter was significant? I'm
> curious what that controls.

If I remember correctly, IBM said that it controls exactly which events get
notified to the journal service. If your journal buffer is filling up, you
want to cut out unnecessary events. But I can't remember where they define
which bit corresponds to which event.

Richard Foster
Norsk Hydro asa

This e-mail with attached documents is only for the intended recipient
and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged.
any unauthorised reading, copying, disclosure or distribution of the
e-mail and/or attached documents is expressly forbidden, and may be a
criminal offence, and that Hydro shall not be liable for any action
taken by you based on the electronically transmitted information.
If you have received this e-mail by mistake, you are kindly requested
to immediately inform the sender thereof and delete the e-mail and
attached documents.