ADSM-L

poll: versions data deleted

2003-03-21 10:34:48
Subject: poll: versions data deleted
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 16:34:38 +0100
Hi all,

I was just wondering. TSM's default for a new copygroup is to set versions
data deleted to 1. We have been using that value for allmost every
copygroup, with just one or two exceptions. Now sombody noted that to him it
made no sense to retain fewer versions of deleted data that of excisting
data, and to me that made soem sense. Now I was wondering, what does
everybody on the list do? 1? equal to versions excist? something in between?
Some other value? And if so, why?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams