ADSM-L

Re: Error ANS1357S w/OS390-AIX

2003-03-20 17:39:34
Subject: Re: Error ANS1357S w/OS390-AIX
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:35:24 -0500
>Everything was running fine till 3/18.  One of the AIX machines starting
>getting the ANS1357S error.  I did not perform any maint on the 390 server
>and none was done on the AIX system, its still running
>v4.1.something.  When you fire Tivoli up on the AIX system via "dsm" the
>X-window displays the above error and displays the same
>version/release/maint lvl as on the other AIX systems.
>
>Rummaging around using the web admin client, displaying nodes I noticed
>that the "Platform" for the problem nodes on this machine says "WinNT"
>instead of "AIX" (for server) or  "TDP Oracle AIX" (for Oracle) as it says
>for the machine/nodes that it is successfully backing up.

Mario - I shudder to think of this cause, but...

It may be the case that some spud in your shop decided to set up a Windows box
with the same network address as your prevailing AIX system.  Or some network
reconfiguration went awry.  I would recommend poring over your TSM server
Activity Log for the times and network addresses when these sessions occurred,
to see if this is indeed the case.  You may have to get your network people
involved, either to identify the perpetrator or examine their change logs for
any work they did which corresponds to that date.  (Whoever was operating the
NT system would seem to know client passwords.)

  Richard Sims, BU