ADSM-L

SV: overland tape library?

2003-03-20 02:57:44
Subject: SV: overland tape library?
From: Kjell Svensson <TSM AT ETERRA DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 08:55:54 +0100
Hi Alexander!

I´ve used some older Overlands together with TSM, with no greater difficulties
than with other brands.
Also I have used a LOT of Cpq/HP MSL-series, both with SDLT and LTO, which is
actually the Overland 2000-series and I really, really like it, especially
equipped with LTO-drives.
The 4000-series is the same machine with a bigger housing, so in my opinion a
great machine!

One concideration though is the availibility of support for the hardware, a
very important issue you´d be wise to check out carefully before deciding.
Sometimes the more expensive license-manufactured brands just makes more sence
in the long run.