ADSM-L

Re: Netware6 Cluster problem

2003-03-18 01:41:21
Subject: Re: Netware6 Cluster problem
From: Odd-Magne Sekkingstad <oddmagne AT BLUEYONDER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 06:40:54 -0000
I have already changed the smsrun.bas file, my problem is simply that the
client wont start if I specify 'clusternode yes' in the option file. My
setup is more or less identical to the procedure from David, except I use
or should I say want to use 'clusternode yes'.

I don't really see setting 'clusternode no' as an option, one reason is
mention by Jim, the other reason is that with 'clusternode no' the
scheduler ask for the TSM password everytime its failed over to a new node.
(I belive this has to do with TSM using the hostname to encrypt the client
password, unless you specify 'clusternode yes'.)

--
Regards,
Odd-Magne

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 16:36:22 -0500, Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>