ADSM-L

Re: Netware6 Cluster problem

2003-03-17 16:37:16
Subject: Re: Netware6 Cluster problem
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 16:36:22 -0500
Interesting.

I use the 'cluster=off' switch in the smsrun file, you have to for TSM to
recognize the clustered volumes. I also, however,
user clusternode yes in the option file. I've found that using that is what
triggers the common file space naming for the
volumes. Without it each volume has the netware nodename assigned to the
filespace, which defeats the 'cluster aware' aspect
of backups if and when there is a failover. With it you're supposed to get the
cluster name as a prefix to the volumes. I
say 'supposed to' because I get the container name instead, but as long as it's
consistent that's fine.

So, my advice to Odd-Magne would be to edit your smsrun.bas file (SYS:
NSN\USER\SMSRUN.BAS) and add the switch David has
documented but leave clusternode yes in the option file and see what you get.

Also, you need password generate in the option file to avoid having to retype
the password continually.

--
Jim Kirkman
AIS - Systems