ADSM-L

Re: Domino Include/Exclude

2003-03-17 14:58:28
Subject: Re: Domino Include/Exclude
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:54:57 -0500
Zoltan,

What platform?   Here are some examples (on Windows):

     * To bind all databases in the "mail6" directory
     INCLUDE mail6\...\*  mcname

or

     * To bind all objects
     INCLUDE * mcname

However... if you are doing that, and it still doesn't work...
I should let you know that there is an open APAR - IC35848
to address this problem. We have seen this happen in a few different
situations for Domino, Oracle, and Exchange.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Remember that the best job security is
doing a job well and doing it cheerfully.

> Can someone please send me their include/exclude statements for
> redirecting Domino/Notes backups to a specific managementclass ?
>
> We are trying to direct "weekly" backups to an MC that goes straight to
> tape but still have the "daily" go to an MC that points to a disk landing
> zone. Yes we have multiple node definitions, per the "cookbook".
>
> We seem to be doing something wrong and getting various error
> messages/failures !
>
> ACD0215E All backup objects do not have the same management class backup
> copy destination.
> Explanation: In order to maintain backup data integrity, multiple backup
objects are
> sent to the Tivoli Storage Manager server within a single transaction.
All