ADSM-L

Re: Finding system objects to delete

2003-03-14 14:38:12
Subject: Re: Finding system objects to delete
From: Kai Hintze <kai.hintze AT ALBERTSONS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:37:24 -0800
Thanks for clearing that up. Can I trouble you with a couple more questions?

1) When I try to delete or rename the filespace by name most of the time I
get a response that not such filespace exists. I have gotten somewhat better
luck by renaming the filespace to something without spaces by using the
FSID, then trying to delete the renamed space. But that doesn't always work
either.

2) I frequently get lock errors trying to delete the system object file
spaces. I have seen them occasionally before, but this is pretty much
guaranteed to cause them, so severly that I have to cycle the TSM server to
get things working again. Any suggestions how to avoid this?

03/13/03   16:09:00     ANR0538I A resource waiter has been aborted.
03/13/03   16:09:00     ANR9999D bfcreate.c(671): ThreadId<95> Error 82
getting information for object 0.102099013.
03/13/03   16:09:00     ANR9999D imutil.c(6259): ThreadId<95> Error 19
deleting dependent bitfile 0.102099013.
03/13/03   16:09:00     ANR0985I Process 59 for DELETE FILESPACE running in
the BACKGROUND completed with completion state FAILURE a
t 16:09:00.
03/13/03   16:09:40     ANR8810I Volume 810778 has been labeled in library
ES.
03/13/03   16:10:00     ANR0538I A resource waiter has been aborted.
03/13/03   16:10:00     ANR1029W Migration process 55 terminated for storage
pool AR_SHORT_DISK - lock conflict.

Thanks,
Kai.