ADSM-L

Re: How to Backup MSDE databases?

2003-03-11 19:02:30
Subject: Re: How to Backup MSDE databases?
From: Jim Neal <jneal AT MAIL.ARC.NASA DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 16:03:09 -0800
Hi Raj,

  The NT Event Log should be reviewed for additional errors. If SQL 7.0 and
SQL 2000 are both running on this system, the Application Event Log might
show the following error:

18210 : BackupVirtualDeviceSet::Initialize: CoCreateInstance failure on
backup device 'TDPSQL-00000128-0000'. Operating system
error -2147221164(Class not registered).

This message indicates a problem with SQL Server where the SQL 7.0 vdi
library is loaded before the SQL 2000 library. It is documented in Microsoft
Knowledgebase article, Q280759, which can be reviewed at the following URL:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q280759

    Please let me know if you need more info.

Jim Neal
Tivoli Administrator
NASA/AMES
T-28D