ADSM-L

Re: DB2

2003-03-11 12:48:46
Subject: Re: DB2
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 12:48:00 -0500
Please see the redbook "Backing up DB2 using TSM" SG24-6247. This manual
recommends NOT setting the TSM-related configuration parameters in each
database. This redbook has all the steps you need to perform to configure
DB2 and the API client for backups. You also can use the same DSM.OPT file,
but if you have the same database name in 2 different instances, you run
into conflicts. I created a nodename and DSM.OPT file for each instance I
want to backup.

I created a /tsm directory in the instance home directory for all the files,
and in the {$INSTHOME}/sqllib/userprofile file I put all the export DSMI*
variables. This is outlined in the redbook.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.