ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.1.6.2 and AIX client 5.1.1.0

2003-03-10 13:19:26
Subject: Re: TSM 5.1.6.2 and AIX client 5.1.1.0
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 13:17:52 -0500
>One problem I am aware of at this level of the client (5.1.1.0, if I
>understand correctly) is IC34996. For AIX, this is fixed in patch
level
>5.1.5.11. You might try applying that patch to one or two machines
that
>consistently see this problem to see if that resolves it.

Andy,

Thanks for the suggestion.  5.1.5.11 of the AIX client does appear to
fix the problem we were having although another one immediately showed
up.  After upgrading the client, we got "Error -71 sending request.

 ListenOnServerInbound(307fcce8): Error -71 sending  verb 61 to
client." in the dsmerror.log (without tsm error message numbers) and no
errors in  the dsmched.log.  While researching  IC34996 and related
apars, I saw something about rasing MAXNUMMP or reducing
RESOURCEUTILZATION.  I tried increasing MAXNUMMP from 1 to 2 and we've
run ok for 4 days now so I think the combo of these two fixed our
problem.

David