ADSM-L

Re: BACKUP STGPOOL

2003-03-10 04:02:55
Subject: Re: BACKUP STGPOOL
From: James Taylor <jimtsm AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 23:43:01 -0500
Mark

In principle I agree.  In fact I almost always agree with your advice, Mark.
 However, I have seen times (and I'm sure you have as well) where a move
data or reclamation is using two drives and it seems to be hung.  When you
do a q proc you are reminded that the process has been issued a cancel
command, but the darn thing just won't go away and I need the drives.
Sorry, but this is one of those things that just cries out to be fixed.
Surely they can come up with a way of killing the process and keeping the
integrity.  When I eventually give up and turn the server off, it always
seems to recover ok and audit volumes of the volumes in use don't seem to
have any problems.

Just another pet peeve.

JT