ADSM-L

Re: question on versions and downloads

2003-03-09 15:47:48
Subject: Re: question on versions and downloads
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 14:46:41 -0600
From: Conko, Steven [mailto:sconko AT ADT DOT COM]
> i have seen a lot of messages fly by here about various 5.1
> tsm clients and their stability (or sometimes lack thereof).
> the last i had heard, 5.1.4 was considered a very stable
> client and 5.1.5 was not. ibm's website only has 5.1 and
> 5.1.5 available for AIX clients... are these my only choices?
> if so, which is the better of the two? is 5.1.5 stable?

Please refer to the monthly TSM FAQ posted at the first of each month.
Refer to questions dealing with maintenance and patch levels; what
you're after are patch levels.

Hint: they're all pretty stable. Recently talked-about problems have
mostly been on the server platforms.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT berbee DOT com)