ADSM-L

Slow Performance

2003-03-07 14:43:01
Subject: Slow Performance
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 14:39:47 -0500
Hi!

We are currently trying to backup a remote NT client  OS/Level 5 Level
4.1.14 to our OS/390 2.10 TSM server 4.1.5.  The client is communicating
over a T3 line which is moderately utilized.  It is understood that this
method is much slower than regular methods of transfer, but we are getting
< 1 GB/hr.  (Sometimes as little as 200 MB/hr)

Do these transfer times seem low for this environment or are there other
settings that should be looked at?   Any suggestions are greatly
appreciated!!!  Thanks!

Joni Moyer
Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com