ADSM-L

Re: SAN LANfree backup licensing requirements

2003-03-07 09:07:01
Subject: Re: SAN LANfree backup licensing requirements
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 09:05:54 -0500
My understanding was that SANergy was part of Tivoli for SAN, and comes
with a client that is installed on each SAN client.
If you do not have library sharing, then you should not have to
purchase a shared library license. However, if you have 4 or more
drives, you are required to have the 5.1 extended edition.

>>> spr AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU 03/07/03 08:55AM >>>
Hi All,

     I am having problems getting answers to exactly what licensing is
required for the TSM Server in order to do LANfree backups of data in
an
HDS 9960.  So far, I have the Managed System for SAN client licenses
that
are needed, but is there also a TSM Server license needed?  Does the
"Shared Library" license need to be purchased?  If so, do we need one
for
each SAN client?

Thanks,

Steve Roder, University at Buffalo
HOD Service Coordinator
VM Systems Programmer
UNIX Systems Administrator (Solaris and AIX)
TSM/ADSM Administrator
(spr AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564)