ADSM-L

Re: Logmode RollForward on 5.1.6.2

2003-03-06 22:59:29
Subject: Re: Logmode RollForward on 5.1.6.2
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 13:30:03 -0700
OK Tim, I think I see the problem. The recovery log doesn't go into
roll-forward mode until the next full database backup, which is necessary
in order to have a baseline from which the log can be used to recover a
database.

When you defined the dbbackuptrigger, it automatically did the full backup
for you... that's why you see the roll forward mode working.

If you had run a full db backup after you set the mode to rollforward, the
recovery log would have started to operate in roll-forward mode.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

"Rushforth, Tim" <TRushforth AT WINNIPEG DOT CA>
03/06/2003 13:16