ADSM-L

Re: Netware Memory question running the scheduler

2003-03-06 13:43:27
Subject: Re: Netware Memory question running the scheduler
From: bbullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:29:32 -0700
        Interesting, I had not heard of the "managedservices" option and
thought it was only a netware thing. Surprise, it's on all client versions and
looks like it's been around since V 4.2. Once again I learn something new from
the listserv....

        I have a few hosts with very large filesystems where the schedule
daemon is not releasing memory. I think I may try this option out.

        Just as a question to the group: Is there a reason you would not want
to use this on all the clients? (just have it restart the scheduler at the time
of the backup)

Thanks,
Ben