ADSM-L

Re: AW: multiple buses to 3575-L18 on W2K using TotalStorage driver?

2003-03-06 09:49:24
Subject: Re: AW: multiple buses to 3575-L18 on W2K using TotalStorage driver?
From: Ken Long <ken.long AT WHEDA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 08:41:25 -0600
Thanks, Thomas, this helps.

I'll have to get familiar with RSM.

Anyone know which driver, TotalStorage or RSM, is the preferred method for
connecting TSM with this tape library?

Ken

                      Schoenleitner Thomas
                      <thomas.schoenleitner@SGKK.         To:      ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      SOZVERS.AT>                         cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor           Subject: AW: multiple
buses to 3575-L18 on W2K using TotalStorage driver?
                      Manager"
                      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                      03/06/2003 02:00 AM
                      Please respond to "ADSM:
                      Dist Stor Manager"

hi,

> Hello all...
>
> I'm researching moving my TSM server from AIX to W2K.  My
> tape library is a
> Magstar 3757-L18, six drives, each pair on its own SCSI bus.
>
> In the Installation and User's Guide for the IBM TotalStorage
> Tape Device
> Drivers, chapter 36 - W2K Device Driver Management, the last
> sentence in
> the Installation Overview states:
>
> "All drives accessible from a medium changer must be on the
> same physical
> SCSI bus as the changer."

this is true, if you want to use removeable storage manager (RSM)
with tsm it should be no problem using different scsi buses.

I hope this helps.

thomas