ADSM-L

Re: Poor TSM Performances

2003-03-06 09:47:48
Subject: Re: Poor TSM Performances
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 14:41:51 +0000
Hi Ruddy

We too are having a similar problem on our Solaris server and any client we
back up. We have tested so many things, but nothing helps.

Network cards and switches set to 100Mb/s full duplex. All of the
reccomended settings in the 4.2 Performance Tuning guide have been set. We
have done tests when the server and client are idle and we are only backing
up one or two files (thus limiting database access), and still the network
transfer rate is low. Normally 1-1.5 Mbytes per sec. Even worse over night
when other backups are running. We can ftp files at 6-8MB/s, but for TSM it
just isn't working.

If we have any luck, i'll let you know.

Thanks

Farren - John Wiley & Sons Ltd

Sent by:        "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>