ADSM-L

Re: 3494 tape cleaning

2003-03-06 08:30:15
Subject: Re: 3494 tape cleaning
From: Ruddy STOUDER <Ruddy.Stouder AT IRISLINK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 14:29:09 +0100
Hi,

That's a good one. I had the same question because either the number of
mounts is too high and you get errors if cleaning required, either the
number of mounts is too low and you are cleaning too much and using too many
cleaning tapes.

I am impatient to read more info about the exact procedure because I can't
believe a 3494 library can't clean the drive if and only if required.

Many thanks in advance for any answers,

                        Ruddy Stouder
                        Senior Technical Consultant
                        TSM Certified Consultant
                        I.R.I.S.
                        Rue du Bosquet 10 - Parc Scientifique de
Louvain-La-Neuve
                        B-1348 Mont-Saint-Guibert
                        ruddy.stouder AT irislink DOT com
                        <http://www.irislink.com>
                        Tel: +32 (0)10 48 75 09  -  Fax: +32 (0)10 48 75 40