ADSM-L

Re: Renaming a W2K node

2003-03-06 04:30:48
Subject: Re: Renaming a W2K node
From: Halvorsen Geirr Gulbrand <gehal AT WMDATA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 10:28:40 +0100
Hello Niklas,
I have also observed that 'feature', where nodename is not the nodename in
dsm.opt.
You should start the Client GUI, from the menu choose Utilities, Setup
Wizard, "Help me configure Client Scheduler", "Update previously installed
scheduler", and follow the steps through. It asks for what dsm.opt file to
use, and right after that is asks what nodename to connect as <== This is
where you have to change it to the NEW nodename. I haven't checked where
this nodename (for the scheduler) is kept (file|registry?), but I have
planned to look into it.

Hope this solves your problem.

Rgds.
Geirr G. Halvorsen