ADSM-L

multiple buses to 3575-L18 on W2K using TotalStorage driver?

2003-03-05 18:42:15
Subject: multiple buses to 3575-L18 on W2K using TotalStorage driver?
From: Ken Long <ken.long AT WHEDA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 17:41:35 -0600
Hello all...

I'm researching moving my TSM server from AIX to W2K.  My tape library is a
Magstar 3757-L18, six drives, each pair on its own SCSI bus.

In the Installation and User's Guide for the IBM TotalStorage Tape Device
Drivers, chapter 36 - W2K Device Driver Management, the last sentence in
the Installation Overview states:

"All drives accessible from a medium changer must be on the same physical
SCSI bus as the changer."

Am I misunderstanding this, or is it wrong?  Is this saying I must put all
six drives on one SCSI bus?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks... Ken