ADSM-L

Re: Upgrade 4.1.1 to 5.1.6.2

2003-03-04 23:58:53
Subject: Re: Upgrade 4.1.1 to 5.1.6.2
From: "Chandrasekhar, C.R" <CHARAKOC AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 10:23:39 +0530
hi All,

I have done upgradation from 4.1.x.x to 5.1.x.x may times but I never faced
any problems so far, In Quick Start Guide they clearly mentioned the steps
to upgrade, Suppose for example if we face any problem while up gradation
from 4.1.x.x to 5.1.x.x then what is correct procedure to back out to
previous version in this case 4.1.x.x (we have to uninstall as up gradation
procedure) that means we have to freshly reinstall 4.1.x.x and restore the
database is it right procedure to backout or any other steps be carried out.

Waiting for your valuable suggestions on this.

Thanks,

C.R.Chandrasekhar.
Systems Executive.
Tivoli Certified Consultant(TSM)
TIMKEN Engineering & Research - INDIA (P) Ltd., Bangalore.
Phone No: 91-80-5536113 Ext:3032.
Email:charakoc AT timken DOT com.