ADSM-L

TSM API Crashing DB2

2003-03-04 20:58:19
Subject: TSM API Crashing DB2
From: Jeff Rogers <jrogers AT MJROGERS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 20:57:45 -0500
This is the environment.

AIX 5.1
TSM Client and API 4.2.11
DB2 7.2 FixPack 4

ba client can do incrementals and archives just fine.

Setup all the db2 variables, setup the dsm.sys and opt for the API - we
have other DB2 servers on AIX 4.3.3, same TSM and DB2 versions working
just fine.

Send a backup of a small database from DB2 and get the following.

db2 => backup db databasename online use tsm
SQL1224N  A database agent could not be started to service a request, or
was
terminated as a result of a database system shutdown or a force command.
SQLSTATE=55032

This is a brand new system, so there could be some stupidity in the DB2
setup, missing OS patches, etc.  In any event, TSM actually CRASHING db2
is a really scary problem

Before I dig, I wanted to see if anybody else has seen this one.

-JeffR