ADSM-L

Re: TSM AIX server upgrade 5.1.1.0 to 5.1.6.2

2003-03-04 10:45:04
Subject: Re: TSM AIX server upgrade 5.1.1.0 to 5.1.6.2
From: Sias Dealy <hnre AT UREACH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 10:44:12 -0500
Going from 5.1.1.0 to 5.1.6.2 you do not need to worry about
the upgradedb.

The nomanclature is version.release.modification.patch .

If you are going from one version to another is when you would
encounter the upgradedb. Technically this is suppose to happen
automatically during the upgrade. For some odd reason this does
not happen all the time. Then just manually issue dsmerv
upgradedb.

Sias

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On    , Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU (zforray AT VCU DOT EDU) wrote:

> Going to upgrade my production TSM AIX server from 5.1.1.0 to
5.1.6.2,
> this weekend.
>
> I have been running the 5.1.6.2 level on a test server, with
no issues
> (other than it deleting the library definition during the
install).

> I don't recall doing any UPGRADEDBs (it has been a while
since the upgrade