ADSM-L

Re: Upgrade 4.1.1 to 5.1.6.2

2003-03-04 09:58:26
Subject: Re: Upgrade 4.1.1 to 5.1.6.2
From: Sylvia Nergard <sylvianer AT NO.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 15:56:20 +0100
Hi!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
It says in the readme file that with TSM 4.2.x you can do an install
without removing the program first....but with TSM 4.1you should remove the
program first.
Didn't know that it is so big difference between those two versions.
I feel that I have to do as the documentation says.....

Was it a 4.1.x -> 5.1.x uppgrade you did in the way that you mentioned
under?

Regards
Sylvia Nergård

                      "Joshua S. Bassi"

                      <jbassi AT IHWY DOT COM>        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          cc:

                      Dist Stor                Subject:  Re: Upgrade 4.1.1 to
5.1.6.2
                      Manager"

                      <[email protected]

                      .EDU>

                      03/04/2003 03:36

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      "ADSM: Dist Stor

                      Manager"

I have never done the remove/install procedure you are talking about.
Instead I typically just pop the new CD-ROM or launch the setup file if
I download it and perform an upgrade.  All of your existing node and
data will remain the same and you should not lose anything.

--
Joshua S. Bassi
IBM Certified - AIX 4/5L, SAN, Shark

AIX, HACMP, Storage, TSM Consultant