ADSM-L

Re: Tivoli Storage Resource Reporting

2003-03-04 07:20:42
Subject: Re: Tivoli Storage Resource Reporting
From: Chris Young <CYoung AT GRESHAMSTORAGE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 06:20:14 -0600
While I couldn't comment in any great deal on this, I have seen the Tivoli
Storage Resource Manager product (formerly the TrelliSoft product) in
action. It appears to provide detailed reports on data that is stored on
both SAN and LAN based disk volumes (assuming of course that you have a
server that either has the volume mounted locally or there is a server
locally (and direct) attached to the volume on the other end of the
network). It is also fairly easy to install and get started with in terms of
gathering information. Understanding all of the reports that are available
is a different story.

It is probably worth checking out though. I have heard rumors that this will
become even more integrated with the TSM product in the future.

- Chris Young