ADSM-L

Re: ACSLS or Native TSM manager

2003-03-03 13:42:33
Subject: Re: ACSLS or Native TSM manager
From: Kai Hintze <kai.hintze AT ALBERTSONS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 10:41:46 -0800
We used to have an STK 9710 that we let TSM manage because it was dedicated
to TSM. But we kept having to shut down the library so we could open it to
fix problems (at 30 to 60 minutes downtime) that I can do in software on my
IBM silos. STK told me that I needed to buy ACSLS to get software control of
the robot.

When it worked it worked well. But fixing problems is much easier with
control software.

- Kai.