ADSM-L

SV: dbbackup trigger

2003-03-03 06:39:22
Subject: SV: dbbackup trigger
From: Kjell Svensson <TSM AT ETERRA DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 12:23:45 +0100
Hi Henrik!

Yes, an incremental dbbackup will lower your log pct. util., however if your
database backup is running when there is a lot of activity the log could build
up very fast again.

If you have calculated the log-size correctly, i would suggest to raise the
logfullpct to about 75 pct. to avoid the high activity hours and perhaps
increase the log size.
Also, have a look at the numincremental value, perhaps that has to be lowered.