ADSM-L

dbbackup trigger

2003-03-03 02:22:48
Subject: dbbackup trigger
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <shwl AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 08:19:23 +0100
Good morning!

First of all things.. I use 4.1.3.0 on w2k.
Second, I have my log (3GB) in  roll forward mode and use a dbbackup
trigger which kicks off at log full percentage=40.
I belived that an incremental dbbackup would lower my logs pct. utilized,
but I might be wrong? After an incremantal dbbackup I get an anr4556.

How high must I update my log full percentage to reset log pct.utilization?

ANR4556W Attention: the database backup operation did not
 free sufficient recovery log space to lower utilization
 below the database backup trigger. The recovery log size
 may need to be increased.

Help 4556,
User Response: If a database backup operation does not free up enough
recovery log space to reset utilization below the database backup trigger,
the recovery log needs to be extended or the database backup trigger
updated
to a higher log full percentage.

this message.
Thank you.