ADSM-L

Migration of TSM DB from AIX 4.3 32 bit kernel env to AIX 5L 64 bit kernel env

2003-02-28 09:40:39
Subject: Migration of TSM DB from AIX 4.3 32 bit kernel env to AIX 5L 64 bit kernel env
From: Tim Melly <tim.melly.b AT BAYER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:38:26 -0500
To All,

We will be migrating our 3 TSM servers (SP WinterHawk 2 nodes running AIX 4.3.3
ML10 w/ TSM servers 4.2.1.9) to
new p660 nodes running AIX 5.1. The TSM DB,  rlogs, and storage pools are IBM
ESS based so I was intending on
"importing" the volume groups to the new nodes. Has anyone had any issues with
going from an AIX4 32 bit kernel to
an AIX 5 64 bit kernel? All TSM filesystems will remain "jfs" instead of "jfs2".

I'm specifically interested on any impact to the TSM DB and rlogs, I can
recreate the disk storage pools if necessary.

TIA....

Regards, Tim
NAFTA IS Technical Operations
(203) 812-3469