ADSM-L

Extended device support

2003-02-25 18:13:04
Subject: Extended device support
From: Guillaume Gilbert <guillaume.gilbert AT DESJARDINS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 18:11:31 -0500
Ok guys don't laugh

I tried migrate my old adsm 3.1.2.42 server today. It's a small server with
only 7 clients. On AIX 4.3.3. I installed 5.1.6.2 and everything was going fine
until I tried
using the tape drives. Now these are very peculiar. They are 2 ESCON attached
3490 drives. (only 800 megs per tape...) TSM 51 di not like this. I got io
errors galor and
was unable to read any tapes. Well looks like they are not supported anymore.
Let's go back to adsm 3.1.2.42. I did but I still can't read my tapes. Seems I
have lost the
extended device support module and I can't find the install pack anywhere.

So my question is : does anybody out there have a copy of this thing lying
around somewhere or can point to a place I can download it???

If anyone does, please reach me at this email adress

Thank You

Guillaume Gilbert
Conseiller - Gestion du stockage
CGI - Gestion intégré des technologies
TEL. : (514) 281-7000 ext 3642
Pager : (514) 957-2615
Email : guillaume.gilbert AT cgi DOT com