ADSM-L

Re: Performence question on Network and switch w.r.t NFS AIX.

2003-02-24 13:23:35
Subject: Re: Performence question on Network and switch w.r.t NFS AIX.
From: "PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI)" <bp3965 AT SBC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:22:59 -0600
Thanks a million. I will find out.

Balanand

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Murphy [mailto:cmurphy AT IDL.STATE.ID DOT US]
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 11:58 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

>Now my question is:

>1.Is it sufficient just to change mtu size on switch or we need to do some
tuneing further on switch.

>Thanks
>Balanand Pinni

Balanand,

Which Supervisor engine does this Cisco 4000 switch have?  Sup II does NOT
support jumbo frames at all.  Sup III does support them after IOS version
12.1(13)EW, but only on certain lines cards and on NON-blocking ports.  This
is an important point.  I would advise you get in touch with your LAN
engineer and work from there.  If the switch does not support the frames
(i.e . Sup II) it will simply drop them.  This could be causing some of the
performance problems.

Chris Murphy
IT Network Analyst
Idaho Dept. of Lands