ADSM-L

Re: ACSLS Access ID - labeling tapes

2003-02-24 10:24:34
Subject: Re: ACSLS Access ID - labeling tapes
From: "Mark D. Rodriguez" <mark AT MDRCONSULT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:24:11 -0600
Murphy, Craig wrote:

Hello

I'm trying to label a tape using dsmlabel but with the ACSLS now having
volume access control I can't access any tapes in the library.

dsmlabel -drive=/dev/rmt/2mt,0,0,9,3 -library=acsls,0 -keep

Comes back with "ANR9759E unsuccessful ACSAPI response,
status=STATUS_VOLUME_ACCESS_DENIED."

I look at the ACSLS error console and I see the "Access ID" is null from
this request. TSM itself is fine as AcsAccessId is set to the hostname and
the ACSLS access control config uses this hostname for volume ranges.

When I use lbtest utility I can use set_access and I can query volumes for
that session. If I go out and back in to lbtest I must set the access again
or I get the STATUS_VOLUME_ACCESS_DENIED error.

Anyone know how can a make dsmlabel use an ACSACCESSID??

Cheers
Craig

Craig,

Try using the "label libvol" command from within ITSM.  I have never
tried to use a "dsmlabel" with ACSLS, but "label libvol" worked just fine.

Good Luck and let us know how you make out.

--
Regards,
Mark D. Rodriguez

MDR Consulting
The very best in Technical Training and Consulting.
IBM Advanced Business Partner
SAIR Linux and GNU Authorized Center for Education
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert, CATE
AIX Support and Performance Tuning, RS6000 SP, TSM/ADSM and Linux
Red Hat Certified Engineer, RHCE