ADSM-L

TSM server move

2003-02-21 17:28:04
Subject: TSM server move
From: TSMadm <admin AT CF2TREE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 14:08:48 -0800
Hi,

Currently, I have TSM 4.1.4 running on AIX 4.3.3 using a STK tape
library. Next month, I need to move TSM to another AIX server(Running
5L) and would like to upgrade TSM to 5.1.5 at the same time, using the
existing STK tape library.  Can anyone give me some pointers the best
ways to accomplish this task. If I install TSM 5.1.5 on the new server,
how can I get the new server to recognize the old tapes in the tape
library, especially the database backup tape that I am going to use for
the restore?

Thanks