ADSM-L

Re: delete volhist t=dbb (was no subject)

2003-02-21 07:41:08
Subject: Re: delete volhist t=dbb (was no subject)
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 04:40:50 -0800
where you used "today=today-500" is saying you only want to delete entries
OLDER than 500 days ago... In other words, you are asking it to KEEP things
that are less than about 1.5 years, probably not what you want...
Use "del volhist t=dbb tod=today-7" or some number smaller than 500...
I only keep one weeks worth of tsm data base backups.
ALSO you can't delete the ONLY data base backup tape no matter how hard you
try.
TSM is very nice and won't let you shoot yourself in the foot...
hope this helps...

Dwight