ADSM-L

Re: Another missing file

2003-02-20 17:49:34
Subject: Re: Another missing file
From: Peter Hadikin <Peter_Hadikin AT BCIT DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:46:28 -0800
Any chance the filesystem that they are trying to restore to no longer
exists on the client side?

Peter

                      Andrew Raibeck
                      <storman AT US DOT IBM.C        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      OM>                      cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: Another missing
file
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      02/20/2003 12:44
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

It would help if you could provide a copy & paste example that
demonstrates the problem, including the QUERY BACKUP output for this
file
and the RESTORE output (as I said, use copy & paste so we can see
*exactly* what you are doing and what you are getting). Is this a
restore
to the same machine or a different machine; if different, are the OSes
the
same?

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
02/20/2003 13:15

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        Another missing file

I got a call from a substitute sysadmin who can't find a file.  I can
see
the file in the DB and by "dsmc -virualnodename q ba".  It's an AIX
4.3.3
box with TSM 5.1.1.0.  All attempts to restore end in either, "NO
objects
found", "Destination space unavailable', or "Invalid destination file
spec".   I can't see what he's doing wrong.