ADSM-L

Re: Upgrading HSM and AIX at the same time?

2003-02-20 12:00:26
Subject: Re: Upgrading HSM and AIX at the same time?
From: Lars Bebensee <LBebensee AT HAITEC DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:53:42 +0100
Hi

doing the upgrade the usual way employing an AIX migration installation
would preserve all filesystems in the rootvg except /tmp. Only the the
filesets delivered with AIX will be upgraded but not the ADSM/TSM/HSM
client filesets. After you have done the AIX upgrade just upgrade the TSM
client. To be on the save side you could also go the alternate rootvg
installation way, so if something goes wrong you can easily switch back
provided you have a spare disk to use as the new rootvg disk.

CYA Lars