ADSM-L

Re: DB size

2003-02-20 11:11:09
Subject: Re: DB size
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:09:34 -0600
From: William Rosette [mailto:Bill_Rosette AT PAPAJOHNS DOT COM]
> I currently have a 60GB TSM database mirrored for a total of
> 120GB (also including Recovery logs 5 GB each 10GB total).  I
> have heard that this is big for 1 Server and would like to
> ask if other TSMers split their Servers and what is the rule
> of thumb.
<snip>
> So, I ask for the
> Almighty TSM spirit to lead me finding the resolution to the
> dilemma (that be you guys and gals)

There is no "best" resolution. You can run with this in two different
directions:
#1      You can split TSM between two (or three) servers.
#2      You can increase your tape and disk resources.

The better choice depends upon your budget, resources, expertise, and
business requirements. You should sit down and talk to a good TSM
professional about it, if you really want to do this right.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT berbee DOT com)