ADSM-L

about tsm database backup problem

2003-02-19 21:02:17
Subject: about tsm database backup problem
From: jiangguohong1 <jiangguohong1 AT ETANG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:45:41 +0800
hi,
in our practice application,i have a question for tivoli storage manamger.the
version of tsm software that we used is 5.1.0.0,in order to protect tsm server
database,we use the tsm administrator command "backup db type=full
devc=ltodevclass" to perform database full backup,the backup database located
into one scratch volume in ibm 3584 tape library,use the command "q libv" to
check the upon scratch volumes status that is dbbackup status.i want to let the
dbbackup volume turn into scratch or private volume, in other words,as normally
data backup.i use "del volh" and attemp to delete the dbbackup volume in the
volume history file,but i dont't delete the dbbackup volume. can you help me
how to delete the dbbackup volume?
please write back me ASAP.