ADSM-L

Re: Semote storage pool

2003-02-19 08:22:27
Subject: Re: Semote storage pool
From: GUILLAUMONT Etienne <eguillau AT RGB-TECHNOLOGIE DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:21:45 +0100
Is it only true with Win2k ? I tried it on AIX and everything went right.
My level is 5.1.5 and not 4.2.1

Etienne GUILLAUMONT
e-mail : etienne AT rgb-technologie DOT fr

RGB Technologie
Parc d'Innovation, Bâtiment PYTHAGORE
11 Rue Jean SAPIDUS
67400 ILLKIRCH
Tél :  03 90 40 60 60
Fax : 03 90 40 60 61

                    DFrance

                    <DFrance-TSM@        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    ATT.NET>             cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: Semote storage pool

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA

                    RIST.EDU>

                    19/02/2003

                    08:20

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

Sorry to say, you might have had a version with a big HOLE in it; both FILE
and DISK storage pool volumes must be "local" devices to Win2K... using
4.2.1.0.  This may be a problem with my 4.2.1 system -- as I recall,
SANergy is designed to help this type situation using SAN-based disk pools;
it failed on LAN connection with:
        ANR8366E DEFINE DEVCLASS: Invalid value for DIRECTORY parameter.

Separately, with TSM's virtual volumes, a TSM server on the Linux box could
be used to store data from the Win2K server, using DISK storage pool,
archive objects, etc.

Don France
Technical Architect -- Tivoli Certified Consultant
Tivoli Storage Manager, WinNT/2K, AIX/Unix, OS/390
San Jose, Ca
(408) 257-3037
mailto:don_france AT ayett DOT net (change aye to a for replies)

Professional Association of Contract Employees
(P.A.C.E. -- www.pacepros.com)