ADSM-L

Re: Stop Bagging TSM Developers.

2003-02-18 12:48:45
Subject: Re: Stop Bagging TSM Developers.
From: "Jolliff, Dale" <xjolliff AT TI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:07:17 -0600
I'm sure being a TSM developer isn't much fun these days - I can sympathize
with them a bit from the aspect of some things being out of their control.

I have been writing some scripts for TSM this morning, and I'm in a bit of a
bad mood - hence the snipe at the developers.

Now that I'm venting up on the soapbox as it were, I'd like to say this -

I can remember a couple of times seeing it requested on this list that we be
able to disable the Copyright headers that are displayed when doing
commandline functions with the admin client.  I would think that would be a
fairly simple thing to implement.  Perhaps a command line switch to
eliminate the header and trailer...  If we just can't be eliminated, could
it at least be made a consistent length between the -tabdelimited,
-commadelimited and unformatted output?

On another note, I just spent a week in training for another vendor's
product and friends, the grass looks lot less greener over there...

OK, I'm off the soapbox.  I'll shut up.  In three months I'll be wishing
this was the worst I had to complain about.