ADSM-L

Re: Another Expiration question

2003-02-14 13:40:05
Subject: Re: Another Expiration question
From: Todd Lundstedt <Todd_Lundstedt AT VIA-CHRISTI DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:35:31 -0600
I am not certain on the order in which filespaces are processed during
expiration, but, from looking at the log of my expiration processing, it
appears to go in node (or perhaps filespace) order, based on when they were
added to TSM (certainly not alphabetical).  Oldest node (or filespace) gets
processed first, newest gets processed last.  I am unaware if there is a
flag indicating where you would like to start.  I doubt there is, though.

If you never let the expiration processing complete, you will never expire
all of the files that can be expired.

Hope this helps.

|--------+---------------------------->
|        |          Michael Raine     |
|        |          <Michael.Raine@ALL|
|        |          FIRST.COM>        |
|        |          Sent by: "ADSM:   |
|        |          Dist Stor Manager"|
|        |          <[email protected].|
|        |          EDU>              |
|        |                            |
|        |                            |
|        |          02/14/2003 11:40  |
|        |          AM                |
|        |          Please respond to |
|        |          "ADSM: Dist Stor  |
|        |          Manager"          |
|        |                            |
|--------+---------------------------->

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |      To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                                       |
  |      cc:
                                                |
  |      Fax to:
                                                |
  |      Subject:     Another Expiration question
                                                |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Does anyone know the particulars on how expiration works.

Normally we are run expiration with a time limit or 6 hours.  When we ran
it
without the time limit it ran for 15 hours and never finished.
Does expiration start reviewing the db from the beginning or is there some
sort
of flag set on where to start.
I'm trying to figure out if we never let it run through completely will I
ever
get back all the data that has expired or not.

Thanks for the help